Friday, July 27, 2012

Heart of darkness, the light heart


Controversial black leader of nation of Islam Louis Farrakhan recently gave exclusive interviews to CNN Correspondent Don lemon and ABC Nightline reporters Martin Bashir and Eileen Murphy. Known for their points of view anti-white extremist and anti-Semitic, Farrakhan said that his long battle against cancer has changed the-radically. Now he wants to "work with all persons and all religions to achieve world peace".

The few times I saw Minister Farrakhan on television was surrounded by formidable bodyguard and appeared as an intimidating force. In fact what was articulated an angry rhetoric of hatred. To be fair, Farrakhan has helped and is loved by millions of Americans. Now he says that he had a revelation. "Christians and Muslims, we must break these artificial divisions that divide us and unite us as a family," he said.

From the comfort of his home in suburban Chicago, more Farrakhan spoke with these reporters I noticed the absence of anger. Anger has been replaced with something else. Knowing that the anger comes from the head and obscures reason, while peace and love come from the heart, I wondered what could be the cause of this drastic transformation. What I discovered was amazing.

After trying to fight cancer holistically for several years, Farrakhan finally agreed to the surgery and as a survivor at the age of 73, is stepping down from his position of Minister of nation of Islam. When asked by a journalist about his investment of politico-religious values, Farrakhan said from his illness that in his words "evolved."

"At my age is always worried about his own mortality," Farrakhan said. That phrase hit me as an eighteen-wheeler at 100 mph.

Recently, I was told that I have a cardiac catheterization and stent that is inserted into one of my coronary arteries. My doctor assured me that it is a fairly common procedure. But when it is your own heart, in a common way is not my word choice. There is nothing common about my heart; in fact say me it is a warm and loving heart. What's this thing of mortality that can do a Louis Farrakhan a 180? And are why we do not consider our mortality until is watching us in the face?

In a course of meditation that I took years ago, the professor suggested that reflect on our mortality. I didn't understand why; I could resist to it. Like most people, she didn't think about my death. An optimistic soul, was in the law of attraction long before "The secret" became the mantra of New more recent Age of the United States. However, keeping a positive attitude is essential for success, afraid to face the transience of life prevented me making the kind of auto-investigacion that is necessary for the performance.

I panicked. At lunch a good friend suggested that I read Dr. Wayne Dyer "There's a spiritual solution to every problem". The conversation was something like this:

"I know that you've read, but perhaps you should read it again."

"I do not need, thank you."

"Yes." You do. "Simply browse through it."

Knocked my socks off. It was there, in the first one and a half pages. I had completely forgotten that Wayne Dyer had passed through the same procedure of heart. He was also scared and full of anxiety until he surrendered his fear and let the love to take their place through what he calls a more faster energy of the spirit. When Dyer began acting from that level it was free from the shackles of fear. It was joy.

It is only in the dark regions of the mind residing of anger and fear. In my own experience, works from the level of the heart where resides the light makes me happy. Whereas there is a breath in between life and death, and as all mortals, I could be dead on the following day or hour, or second, he decided to ask me some questions.

I have laughed and danced enough? I've loved enough? Have I given me forgiveness? Have I given back enough? Have I given enough thank you for everything in my life, good and evil? And how hell anything can be bad when everything is God. There good or bad; just think it does so (thanks William Shakespeare). The past is history, the future does not exist. Live in the present moment is the only way to live, because the present time is absolutely perfect.

It seems that Mr. Louis Farrakhan has had his own Epiphany.




My website is in reconstruction until 2010. In the meantime, you can find me at http://newagejournal.com/2007/spirituality/the-eternal-search-for-who-am-i

You can also read two chapters of my novel, the sword and the chrysanthemum, the journey of the heart in http://www.samurai-archives.com/guestart.html